This is a shortcut method for making the popular Bengali dessert, Mishti Doi or sweet yoghurt, using a microwave oven. Nonetheless, the end result is as delicious as the original.
400g thick plain yoghurt
1 X 392g can of condensed milk
1 X 390g can of evaporated milk
½ teaspoon ground green cardamoms
Finely chopped roasted pistachio nuts for garnish (optional)
1. Combine the yoghurt, condensed milk, evaporated milk and cardamoms in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth.
2. Microwave on “slow cook” mode for 35 minutes or until set.
3. Remove the bowl from the oven.
4. When cooled to room temperature, refrigerate until chilled.
5. Serve chilled, garnished with pistachio nuts if using.