This pretty green vegetable tastes different from white radish. Here is a simple recipe to bring out its best flavours.
500g Green Radish, washed, trimmed and peeled
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 dried red chilli peppers, cut into 3-4 pieces
1/4 teaspoon carom (ajwain) seeds
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
Lime juice to taste (optional)
- Chop the radish into ½-inch thick roundels and then quarter.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the red chilli peppers and carom seeds, and stir for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the radish and salt. Cover and cook, until tender, stirring occasionally. Add water if required to prevent burning; the vegetable will release water as it cooks.
- Add coriander leaves, and lime juice if using. Mix and remove from the heat.
- Serve hot.