This recipe is very handy when you have to quickly cook some dish that is nutritious, delicious and filling. This dosa tastes great on its own, but is simply divine when served with a dollop of butter.
Makes 10 eight-inch pancakes
2 cups/ 320g finger miller flour
1 cup/160g whole wheat flour
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2-4 fresh green chilli peppers, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Vegetable Oil to grease the dosa griddle
1. Place the finger millet and wheat flour in a medium bowl.
2. Add enough water and mix to make a non-lumpy batter of medium consistency.
3. Add the onions, green chilli peppers and salt. Mix.
4. Heat a dosa griddle on medium-low heat. Grease the griddle evenly with the oil.
5. When the griddle is hot, pour the batter evenly on the pan. Cover and cook for 1 minute or so, until the top of the dosa has set entirely and underside is cooked.
6. Flip the dosa with a spatula and cook the other side for about 1 minute or until it’s done.
7. Transfer to a plate and serve hot.
8. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.