Coffee powder and cinnamon lift this simple dessert to a new level and make it incredibly tasty!!
Serves 4 to 6
1 tablespoon liquid Ghee
1/3 cup/70g medium semolina
1 cup/250ml evaporated milk
1-inch/2.5-cm long cinnamon stick
Sugar to taste
¼ teaspoon instant coffee powder (or less to suit your taste)
- Bring 2 cups/500ml water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, on another burner, place the Ghee in a medium pan over medium-low heat. Add the semolina and stir until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully add the boiling water to the semolina, stirring continuously to prevent the formation of lumps. Stir frequently until the semolina is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add the evaporated milk, cinnamon stick and sugar and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the coffee powder and mix. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 more minutes before removing from the heat.
- Serve hot or cold.
Tagged: evaporated milk