You may serve this super-nutritious and tasty dish with any meal.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4-5 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
300g cluster beans, trimmed, stringed and cut into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh peeled turmeric
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon amchur powder
Jaggery to taste
1. Heat the oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and garlic cloves. Stir for a minute.
3. Add the tomato and chilli powder. Cook until the tomato is pulpy.
4. Add the cluster beans, turmeric, salt and amchur powder. Mix.
5. Add ¼ cup/65ml water, cover the pan and cook until the cluster beans are tender, adding additional water if required.
6. Add jaggery to taste. Mix well. Cook until the jaggery melts and blends with the other ingredients.
7. Remove from the heat.Serve hot.