This glutinous sweet made from rice flour and sweet potato makes a tasty teatime snack.
1¼ cups/175g glutinous rice flour
½ cup/65g rice flour
½ cup/65g milk powder
½ cup/95g powdered jaggery
200ml coconut milk
400g sweet potato, boiled, peeled and mashed
Banana leaf to line the bottom of an 8-inch/ 20-cm pan
Vegetable Oil to grease the banana leaf
1. Place the rice flour and milk powder in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Add the jaggery, coconut milk and sweet potato. Mix to make a medium batter, adding water as required.
3. Line the bottom of an 8-inch/20-cm round pan with banana leaf. Lightly grease the leaf with oil.
4. Pour the batter over the leaf into the pan. Cover the pan with an aluminium foil.
5. Steam the batter for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the dodol comes out clean.
6. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
7. Refrigerate for 5-6 hours. Cut it into pieces and serve cold.
8. You may refrigerate this for up to a week.