Fresh wheatgrass (the young grass of wheat plant) is considered to be an excellent source of nutrients and its juice is recommended by health experts as a natural cure for digestive and numerous other health problems.
The wheatgrass juice on its own is an acquired taste. The addition of other ingredients in this recipe just helps to make it pleasant.
200g fresh wheatgrass, rinsed
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, or to taste
Honey (or any sweetener of your choice) to taste
Salt to taste
- Place the wheat grass in an electric blender. Blend to a coarse paste, adding 2 cups/500ml water.
- Strain the paste, pressing the residue with your hand to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer the residue to a bowl. Add 1 cup/250ml additional water, mix and strain as before. Discard the residue.
- To the collected liquid, add lime juice, honey and salt to taste.
- Serve immediately for maximum health benefits.