Melt in the mouth, super delicious and addictive!! Give this a try at least once.
Makes 20 – 25 one-inch square burfi
2 X 392g cans of condensed milk
½ cup/135g granulated sugar
A pinch of salt
3-4 tablespoons liquid Ghee, plus more as needed
20 cashew nuts, coarsely powdered
20 almonds, coarsely powdered
- Lightly grease the base and sides of a tray with Ghee.
- Place the sugar, condensed milk, salt and ½ cup/125ml water in a thick-bottomed pan over medium-low heat.
- Stir frequently and bring to a boil.
- Add the powdered cashew nuts and almonds and continue to stir.
- When it thickens slightly, add the Ghee and continue to stir until the mixture thickens to form a soft-dough, 40 to 50 minutes. At any point if the mixture begins to stick to the pan, add 1 teaspoon Ghee.
- Turn off the heat. Immediately spread the mixture on the greased tray.
- When still warm, make markings of desired shape and size with a sharp knife.
- When cooled completely, cut and separate the pieces. Serve or store in an airtight container. This burfi stays good at room temperature for 4-5 days.