This fast and simple bread is so full of coconutty goodness and deliciousness that it is sure to win your heart!
Makes 1 medium loaf
Coconut oil to grease the pan
¾ cup/110g chapathi flour
¼ cup/40g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground green cardamoms
¼ cup/25g grated fresh coconut
2 medium eggs
1 cup/250ml coconut milk
3/4 cup/120g sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place a rack in the centre of the oven. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan with the oil.
2. Sieve the flours, baking powder, salt and ground cardamoms into a bowl. Add the coconut and mix well.
3. In another bowl, combine the eggs, coconut milk and sugar. Add to the flour mixture and, using a wooden or rubber spatula, mix until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.