This gentle tea soothes the digestion and is wonderfully comforting.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon fennel seeds
1 cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Honey to taste
- Place the cumin seeds, fennel seeds and cinnamon stick in a saucepan with 2 cups/500ml water.
- Bring to a boil. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice and honey to taste. Cover the pan and leave on the warm stove for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups, dividing the cumin and fennel seeds equally. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Sip slowly and chew the seeds.