Made with wholesome ingredients, this is totally dairy-free and sugar-free yet creamy and spoon licking good!!
4 medium bananas
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
A pinch of salt
6 to 10 pitted dates (depending on your preference for sweetness)
1 teaspoon cocoa powder or more to taste
Roasted cashew nuts for topping (optional)
- Peel and cut the bananas into smallish pieces. Place in an airtight container.
- Add the lime juice, vanilla essence and salt. Mix well and freeze the bananas for a couple of hours.
- When you are ready to make the ice cream, thaw the bananas for 10 minutes before transferring them to an electric blender. Add the dates and cocoa powder and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to the container. The mixture will have the texture of a thick milk shake. Freeze for 15 to 30 minutes, until it hardens slightly.
- Serve topped with cashew nuts.