These fluffy pancakes are incredibly easy to make and are great for breakfast. Serve them topped with butter and honey.
1½ cups/220g maida (or chapathi flour)
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
3 medium bananas
1 cup/250ml plain yoghurt
4 tablespoons small pieces of jaggery
1 medium egg
Vegetable oil or butter for cooking pancakes
1. Combine the maida, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Using an electric blender, blend the bananas, yoghurt and jaggery to make a smooth puree. Gradually add it to the flour and mix to make a smooth batter. Add the egg and mix well. The batter should be thick but pourable.
3. Heat a griddle over medium-low heat. Lightly grease the griddle with oil or butter.
4. Pour about ½ cup/125ml batter on the griddle. Cover and cook until the underside of the pancake is golden brown and the top has set entirely.
5. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
6. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.