Hot and slightly sweet-and-sour, this dish is luscious and certainly an easy one. Serve this with Indian flatbreads like Chapathi or use it in sandwiches.
Serves 4 to 5
4 medium eggs
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
¾ teaspoon ground black peppercorns
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
6-8 medium garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2-4 fresh green chilli peppers, cut into roundels
1 medium red bell pepper, finely sliced
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
3 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add ½ teaspoon salt and a pinch of ground peppercorns. Beat the eggs until the yolks and whites are completely mixed.
2. Place 2 tablespoons oil in a large kadai (or pan) over medium heat. Pour the beaten eggs and cook, stirring frequently, until the eggs are scrambled. Remove to a plate.
3. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the kadai. Add the garlic and stir gently until fragrant. Add the onions and green chillies and stir gently until the onions are beginning to turn translucent.
4. Add the bell pepper and stir until crisp-tender.
5. Add the scrambled eggs, tomato ketchup, remaining ground black peppercorns and salt. Mix and cook, stirring, until heated through and dry. Remove from the heat.
6. Garnish with spring onions and serve.
Tagged: scrambled eggs recipe