This is a low-fat, eggless version of the popular caramel pudding, but it is every bit delicious as the original. And because this dessert is made with flaxseeds, you can enjoy it guilt-free!
1 cup/250ml low-fat plain milk
1 X 400g can of condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Grind the flaxseeds to a smooth powder and transfer to a bowl. Add the milk, condensed milk, vanilla extract and 1 cup/250ml water, and whisk together until smooth.
2. Place the sugar with 2 teaspoons water in an 8-inch/20-cm round pan over low heat. Stir gently with a spoon until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar has dissolved, stop stirring and let the mixture boil until golden brown. Immediately remove from the heat and swirl the pan carefully to coat the sides with the caramel. Let cool to room temperature.
3. Pour the flaxseeds mixture into the prepared pan. Cover the pan and steam the mixture on medium-low heat for about 30 minutes or until set.
4. Remove from the steamer and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
5. To serve, loosen the sides of the pudding using a small palette knife. Place a serving dish on top of the pan and turn upside down. Cut the pudding into wedges and serve.