Finger millet, popularly known as Ragi in South India, is a nutritious and easily digestible grain. It’s an excellent source of calcium, proteins, and other essential nutrients. It is good to make this grain a part of your healthy diet.
This laddoo (ball-shaped sweet) is made with finger millet flour, which is readily available in Indian grocery stores. It is quick and easy to make. The roasted finger millet flour imparts a pleasant flavour to the laddoo, making it simply irresistible.
½ cup/130g granulated sugar
1 cup/150g finger millet flour
½ teaspoon freshly ground green cardamom
¼ cup/65ml liquid Ghee
1. Make a smooth powder of the sugar using an electric blender.
2. Place the finger millet flour in a pan and dry-roast over low heat until fragrant, about 7 minutes. Take care not to burn the flour. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the powdered sugar and ground cardamom. Mix well.
4. Add the Ghee and mix well.
5. When the mixture is warm to the touch, place a small portion (about 1 tablespoon) of the mixture into your palm and shape it into a ball, applying gentle pressure. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture.
6. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container for up to a week.